Deadline for Citizen of the Year Submissions
“CITIZEN OF THE YEAR” AWARD
- The recipient of the “Citizen of the Year” Award must be over the age of 40.
- The recipient may be either a man or a woman. If a man and woman have performed outstanding services during the course of the year, each may be awarded a plaque.
- Once a person has been awarded the “Citizen of the year” Award, he or she will not be eligible again for this award.
- The person chosen for the “Citizen of the Year” Award will have rendered outstanding services for Lenoir County. The limitations of this service are not defined because meaningful service to the community is often long range. However, special emphasis should be given to services performed during the current year.
- The services rendered do not have to be connected with the Chamber of Commerce programs, nor does the recipient have to be a member of the Chamber of Commerce.